For some, this upcoming holiday is a dreadful one. Valentine's Day is not only for those with significant others; it can be just as special, if not more so, for those that are single. It is a time for self-love and care. As much as we all enjoy receiving chocolates and roses, Valentine's Day is much deeper than that. It’s about loving, encouraging and believing in self. A woman is unstoppable when she loves herself fully; look at Beyoncé.
Valentine's Day is as simple as happily giving, but remember, are you giving to get? Ultimately the only way to truly give is to give without expectation of something in return. Self-love, for some, can be a task. Here are some cost free things you should do on Valentine's Day and frankly everyday.
- Wake up and write down 3 things you love about yourself
- Share a smile with someone
- Call your mother and share your appreciation and love
- Instead of waving to someone you know when passing by, stop for a minute to carry a convo and see how he or she is doing. Who knows, they may even invite you to their plans!
- Meditate for 5 minutes and get in touch with your inner soul
- Set goals and dreams for yourself both for the future and for day to day – then go get it
Happiness and love comes in all shapes and sizes.
Visit our Pop Up Shop & Local Market for more Valentine's gifts!
By: Amanda Asencio